Marcellus Metalcasters is always looking for awesome people to be a part of our team. Our culture encourages innovation and teamwork to deliver high-quality work and continued success which keeps our customers satisfied.
We pride ourselves on providing an exceptional place to work for our employees, including benefits, paid time off and holidays, and uniforms. With that being said, it is important to note that working in a foundry is different than most factories. Foundries have high ambient temperatures due to the process it takes to make castings. Employees are required to wear PPE which may include respirators and aluminized jackets depending on the tasks being performed.
Our typical work week is Monday through Thursday with 10 hour shifts. Our facility is in operation from 4:30 am to 5:30 pm.
- Green Sand Molder
- Green Sand Maker
- Airset Molder
- Core Maker
- General Laborer
- Eye for detail
- Ability to lift weights excess of 50-pounds
- Ability to perform manual labor tasks such as lifting, shoveling, climbing ladders, and other physical work
*This is a list of all our positions at Marcellus Metalcasters. It does not mean they are open at this time.
Metalcasting Industry Demographics
- 1,915 — Number of metalcasting facilities in the U.S. Reflecting industry consolidation over time, in 1991 there were 3,200 plants and in 1955, 6,150 plants.
- 75% — Percentage of firms that are small businesses (less than 100 employees).
- Nearly 200,000 — Number of people employed by the U.S. metalcasting industry.
- 90 percent of all manufactured goods contain some metal castings.
- The U.S. is the global leader in casting applications and third in production behind China and India.
- You are rarely more than 10-feet from a metal casting in the U.S.
Production & Applications
- 10.7 million — Total U.S. tonnage of castings produced in the U.S. in 2017.
- $33.7 billion — Total value of all castings projected to be produced in the U.S. in 2019.
Metalcasting offers tremendous careers for those with the right skills. If you are interested in employment opportunities at our company, please contact our office at (269) 646-0202 to see what positions are currently open.